In 1930, in the midst of the Great Depression, people were jumping off of skyscrapers to their death because they lost everything, and had no identity apart from their material possessions. A small group of businessmen came together and asked what can we do? This led to the formation of Christian Businessmen’s Committee, an organization dedicated to bringing the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ to a hurting world. There are now CBMC chapters all over the world, including one in Little Rock, Arkansas. You can learn more about CBMC, now Christian Business Men’s Connection, at http://www.cbmc.com.
The Little Rock CBMC held a zoom session this past Tuesday, October 12. It was very productive, as we gathered in Jesus’ name.
1) 60% of church going men are involved in porn. When one out of two men in church are involved in porn, you know it is serious. Porn – don’t do it. You become addicted to it. A man is not attracted to his wife because of it. It is adultery. If you follow this, it is a 99% chance of a real adulterous relationship. You feed the flesh. You have to die to self. Chet
NOTE: One of the brothers confessed that he lost his first wife of 20 years because of porn, and became estranged from his children. This was BC – before Christ, and he was an alcoholic, heavily in debt, and making excuses. When God changed him, it was instantaneous, and he made peace with everyone involved.
2) The author of porn is Satan, and it is a real battle with evil. Jesus was tempted by Satan and he responded by quoting scripture. We can follow his example. Santi
3) Porn is a wedge issue – it separates people from God and each other. Idle hands are the devil’s workshop. Gordon
4) You can’t dabble in porn. When it pops up on your computer, don’t click on it. Porn diminishes women. Mike
5) Our nation is in deep trouble, and we need to cry out to the Lord for forgiveness and mercy or we will be taken into captivity. At the recent “The Return” event in Washington D.C., Jonathan Cahn quoted II Chronicles 7:14:
“If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” II Chronicles 7:14
He then stated: “If you look at the history of Israel, they were constantly breaking the law; that’s what sent them into captivity for 70 years. This is exactly what is happening in America today. He took a clay pot and threw it on the ground and it broke into pieces (just like in the Old Testament). That is what happened to Israel and will happen to the United States. He is talking to the church: ‘If My people…’ Jim I.
6) If the light of Christ doesn’t shine through us, we are in the darkness. We should look for divine appointments every day. Chet
7) There are no coincidences (Rule 39). The closer I can walk with Him, He will take care of the rest of it. All we can do is make the effort, and God will take it from there. Jim I.
8) And God is a God of miracles. Lois Vogel Sharp has a ministry and tells the story that when her baby was born dead, she cried out in the name of the Lord to bring him back to life, and he did. Mark
9) We are in a blood covenant relationship with God. In the Old Testament, David and Jonathan exchanged garments, and committed to each other. We don’t understand the new blood covenant in the body of Christ. Jesus paid the price with His blood. When we make that commitment to God, we are in a blood covenant with Him. We draw close to Him, we understand His requirements, and we try to walk in His footsteps. He did the blood sacrifice for us. Look at God’s blood covenant with Abraham. Abraham didn’t even have to walk through it. Jim I.
John, to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood… Revelation 1:4-5
10) Jesus said “Ask the Father in My name”, so we can go to Him and say, Jesus, your son, gave me the right to come directly to you. Jim I.
11) We are to be living sacrifices to God:
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. Romans 12:1
We are in unity with the Holy Spirit. We are living in a continual, streaming miracle – thinking and breathing, resting in that abiding relationship. Always ask – what would Jesus do. Rest in Him and see where He goes. Greg
12) How do we establish a blood covenant with Jesus Christ He died for us, so we have to die for Him. We have a blood covenant with Jesus Christ because he died on the cross, shedding His blood. When He died for us, we became brother and sister. We are related to Him by his blood. We are to devote ourselves to Him. Santi
13) God is holy, so a blood sacrifice is required to account for sin. Abraham was ready to sacrifice His son, but God provided a lamb for sacrifice. God is holy, so a blood sacrifice is required to account for sin. Mark
14) If a friend gets out of line, we must confront each other. Jim I.
A lady friend came to me and said she told me she observed something in my life that was being a barrier between me and Christ. Her concern was my relationship to Christ. Mike
15) Accepting people unconditionally comes first, then we ask God – teach me how to love people. If we know the word, we can share it with them as the Holy spirit leads us. Chet
16) We need to be able to perceive and interact with other people at the soul and spirit level, not just their mind or emotions (or their bodies). Mark