On April 3 I sent out an Easter Gift and a Warning for 3 Days of Darkness. Obviously it did not happen on Easter Day, and I am glad it didn’t. I checked to find out what the individual who prophesied this said after April 3, but first a few insights I have learned from this:
- I apologize for posting this warning if it has led you to question our Lord and His love, mercy, and grace toward you. My intent is to help people draw closer to the Lord, and if this has done just the opposite, please forgive me.
When We Get Stuck
- When we get stuck with a personal or spiritual problem,
- Reach out to the Lord – repent and ask Him for understanding, clarity, and guidance.
- Reach out to other brothers or sisters in the Lord – could be your pastor, or other individuals you know – explain the situation, and ask them for Godly wisdom, insight, and wisdom.
Prophecy – Foretelling the Future
- The term “prophecy” has two meanings:
- to foretell events that will come in the future and
- to speak the Word of God into current situations.
- I (and many others) have wasted entirely too much time learning about, debating about and trying to discern future events – events over which we have absolutely no control, that may not even happen in our lifetime. Furthermore, it may be driven by fear of the future (the Word says “Be anxious for nothing…”), or some vicarious thrill or excitement like watching an action movie about the end of the world, certainly a fleshly endeavor.
- Undue focus on future events – eschatology – can be very divisive to the body of Christ.
- Although Amos 3:7-8 states that Lord never does anything without first telling His saints, and John 16:12-15 tells us that the Holy Spirit will tell us of things to come, these typically do not have actual dates, and we should be leery of any prophecies with actual dates, for God’s time is not our time.
- Christ criticized the pharisees for not understanding the times, which I think is a description of the season we are in rather than particular dates.
Prophecy – Speaking the Word of God into Today’s Circumstances
- As your end time or my end time could be tomorrow by some unforeseen accident or event, it is better to focus on the second definition of prophecy, which is to speak the Word of God into today’s circumstances.
- So instead of the debate over pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib, a more accurate and important perspective is now-trib – how can we deal with the tribulations facing us now, this day.
- And that requires us to repent of all of our sins, forgive others, surrender to the Lord, and seek to be filled by and led by the Holy Spirit. If we are led by the Holy Spirit, we can understand and speak God’s Word into today’s situation, because it is really the Holy Spirit that does so.
- Which leads to the most important thing we can do every day, which is to spend time with the Lord – in His Word, in prayer, and in fellowship with other believers. Only then can we see the world from God’s perspective and know the truth, which will set us free.
Back to the 3 Days of Darkness
- With regard to the 3 days of darkness: I believe it will happen at some time in the future, so we should be prepared – spiritually first, and with physical preparations as we are led by the Holy Spirit.
· The Word of God says in the end times, the Lord will pour out His Spirit through visions and dreams:
- Here are two dear sisters in the Lord who have received visions and dreams about 3 days of darkness:
- Youtube: 3 Days Darkness Prophecy from God to Sister Esther
- Youtube: Jesus Showed Me a Vision of the 3 Days of Darkness That’s Coming!
- In both instances, they emphasize that it is important to #1 – Get right with God, and #2 – make physical preparations.
- Here are more details about the 3 days of darkness: “URGENT Details on Three Days and Nights of Darkness – Linda Courtney
- Here are a few verses that speak to this:
- “And it shall come to pass in that day,” says the Lord God, that I will make the sun go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in broad daylight.” Amos 8:9
- “They meet with darkness in the daytime, and grope at noontime as in the night.” Job 5:14
- And finally, here is the response from the individual who prophesied that the 3 days of darkness would happen on Easter: Youtube: WHY THE 3 DAYS OF DARKNESS NEVER HAPPENED ON 4/4/2021
- God has been listening to the prayers of some saints who have been praying about the 3 days of darkness. There has been an extra period of grace granted, because God is looking at Christians all over the world and is waiting for them to take their positions (repent and draw close to Him), or they will be lost forever.
- As in all things, take this to the Lord for confirmation – the ultimate test.
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies. Test all things; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil. I Thessalonians 4:16-22
One thought on “Three Days of Darkness Revisited”
Comments are closed.